Tips from oral hygienists in Trichy on brushing teeth when you don’t have a toothbrush
Forgetting the toothbrush while heading on a vacation or a work trip might happen at least once in everyone’s life. Since most of us accustomed to the routine of brushing in the morning, this will be very frustrating. Buying a new toothbrush in a nearby pharmacy is not a big deal but it is also not possible at all times. Right?
Instead of giving up, you can clean our teeth without a toothbrush with appliances like twigs, finger or even chewing gums. We are here to tell you about such steps.
1) Makeshift Toothbrush
When you do not get a toothbrush, you can create it on your own. We are not going to discuss creating crafty toothbrushes or toothpicks. They are simple DIY oral appliances made with easily available things.
- Paper Towel – Take a thick paper towel. Wet it and wrap it around your finger. Dab on the toothpaste and scrub your teeth gently like you brush your teeth. This approach will work fairly well to clean the teeth surfaces.
- Wooden Twigs – Brushing with a wooden stick is not a new thing. Take a fresh, flexible twig from neem (highly recommended), oak, or arak tree. Remove the skin and chew it on one end until the fibers separate and look like toothbrush bristles. You can now use the twig to brush your teeth.
- Use your finger – If you do not get any accessories for a makeshift toothbrush, simply wash your hands and dab your forefinger on the toothpaste and brush your teeth. This will also do just fine.
2) Try handy ingredients
- Baking Soda – If you get neither toothbrush nor toothpaste, then give use a small amount of baking soda. This crystalline powder has tooth whitening properties with which it is used in many teeth whitening products.
- Mouthwash – Rinsing your mouth with mouthwash is not an effective alternative to brushing but it will kill microbes and reduce the nasty smell emitting from your mouth.
- Oil Pulling – Swishing your mouth with a teaspoon of oil (coconut oil, sesame oil, or others) instead of mouthwash for a few minutes is also efficient in killing toxins.
3) Take tooth-friendly drinks and grains
The fibers and anti-microbial agents in various fruits, veggies, and drinks are also powerful to eliminate the oral bacteria. Even though they are not a perfect replacement for brushing routine, they work fairly to keep your mouth fresh.
- Apple, Carrot, Celery, Broccoli
- Green Tea
As we explained, there are still ways to clean your teeth without a toothbrush. All you need is to take advantage of the available resources. In the meantime, remember that nothing can contribute to your teeth cleaning activities like a toothbrush.
We recommend these solutions to handle the atypical circumstances of forgetting oral hygiene products when you move to a new place.
Did you confront such frustrating things in your vacation or office trips? How did you handle it? Please share with us in the comment section.