Are gold grills bad for your teeth?
The popularity of blinged-out teeth is increasing among social media users. So you might even have heard about gold grills. They are among the most popular that are custom-made, especially for you to fit your teeth. In this blog post, Dr. Senthil kumar has shared a thorough explanation about gold grills.
What are dental grills?
Dental grills are also known as teeth grillz or fronts. They are decorative covers that fit over one or more of the teeth, often made of precious metals like gold, silver, or other jewel-encrusted metals.
Although they are generally removable, some people who wear grills have had golden crowns placed on their teeth to permanently change the appearance of their teeth.
What are gold grillz?
Grills are often made from a variety of metals, like gold, diamond, and platinum, and sometimes have precious stones inlaid into them.
From 10 karats to 12 karats, gold can be used to make gold grills. Usually, they are removable, while some may be attached to the teeth permanently. This style is often called by other names: grillz, fronts, slugs, packs, and gold teeth. These grills must also be taken off when eating, sleeping, and brushing.
It is advised to be used only for novelty-related purposes, and they should be handled accordingly.
Pros & Cons of wearing gold grills
We have highlighted some of the advantages of wearing gold grills, including the following:
- It enhances your smile and appearance with sparkling shiny golden color.
- You can protect your teeth from direct contact with hard or sugary food items (which cause decay and tartar buildup) by covering up your teeth with these grills. It can cover and protect your tooth enamel.
- If you have stained brown teeth that give your mouth an unpleasant appearance. You can use grills to cover your naturally discolored teeth and give your teeth a more attractive appearance.
- It eliminates bad breath from your mouth. Because after we consume food, a layer of leftover food residuals is left on our tongue, gums, and teeth enamel which causes bad breath. However, when grills are used, the leftover residue on them is quicker and easier to clean than teeth.
- It is not necessary to remove the remaining teeth to ensure strength of the teeth. Because the gold itself has exceptional strength and durability.
- It helps to raise your social standings. Because gold has been a symbol of wealth and power. As a result, wearing gold grills commands respect and can enhance social status.
- Wearing grillz may increase your risk of cavities, halitosis, and gum infections. This is due to the possibility of bacterial plaque getting trapped between them and the tooth’s surface.
- Wearing low-quality materials can cause allergy and skin irritation.
- They are quite expensive.
- Wearing uncleaned grills can lead to inflammation and swelling of the gums.
How to take care of these grills?
It is crucial to take care of your teeth while you wearing gold grills. We eat and drink continuously throughout the day, so you must ensure that nothing gets stuck between your grills.
Here are some steps you need to follow to maintain your grills:
- You should brush and floss your teeth regularly if you are often wearing grills. It will get rid of any food particles stuck in your teeth so you can use your grills comfortably.
- You must remove your grills before eating, drinking, or smoking. This is because smoke or sugar can cause the grills made from gold or other precious metals to tarnish or become discolored.
- If you want to maximize the durability of your grills, you need to clean them regularly.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals to clean your grills which can tarnish the metals and harm your health as well.
Gold grills are an excellent addition to your teeth; they can improve the appearance of your teeth while also protecting them. To reap their benefits and maintain your oral health, practice proper dental hygiene.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about gold grills; we will be happy to assist you.
Leave a Reply