All about teeth whitening pens and how they work
Brighter and whiter teeth not only enhance your appearance but also boost your self-confidence.
We have so many over-the-counter whitening solutions in addition to whitening toothpaste.
The teeth-whitening pen is one such product that you might include in your daily dental hygiene routine to improve the brightness and whiteness of your teeth.
In this blog, our cosmetic dentists and oral hygienists have discussed what teeth whitening pens are, how to use them, and how will they work.
What is a teeth-whitening pen?
A tooth whitening pen (also known as brush-on whitener) is an unprescribed teeth-bleaching product. It makes use of peroxide chemicals as a bleaching agent like other home teeth whitening solutions.
This whitening pen works to remove common stains such as those from coffee, tea, red wine, dark-colored sodas, berries, red sauces, and cigarettes.
It is similar to whitening toothpaste, but it is more convenient, more portable, and smaller than that.
The teeth whitening pen has several advantages whilst it can be quite useful for quick results and on-the-go solutions. The following are the benefits of a teeth-whitening pen;
- This may be an excellent option if you want an affordable whitening solution. You can usually find a teeth-whitening pen at your local pharmacy and they are quite affordable.
- It doesn’t need any special care or maintenance.
- It is simple and convenient to use. There is no need to wait, and you’re not required to get support from a dentist or use any additional equipment.
- A high-quality whitening pen can be useful for stain removal and concealing difficult spots. It works well as a temporary solution and a quick remedy.
- Another advantage of dental whitening pens is you can have perfect control over the areas that need to be whitened with the brush-on application. It is more precise and less painful than other whitening procedures.
Like any dental hygiene product, these whitening pens also have some drawbacks that users should be aware of.
The following are some possible disadvantages of teeth-whitening pens;
- The results are temporary.
- The active ingredients are easily broken down by saliva.
- Sometimes, the formula or serum in this solution can cause gum irritation.
- This might be inconsistent or uneven.
- It may weaken your tooth enamel.
- It is not a viable solution for long-term results.
How to use it?
The teeth whitening pens must be used in conjunction with other whitening solutions if you want results that are quick and long-lasting. Following basic instructions will help you use a teeth-whitening pen.
1) First, use a soft bristle toothbrush with your regular toothpaste to brush your teeth thoroughly. It is important to understand that applying this product immediately after brushing provides the best results. 2) Then, take off the teeth-whitening pen’s cap and twist the bottom until the gel appears on the brush. 3) The next step is to apply a small layer of gel vertically to each tooth, making sure that it is completely covered. 4) Allow the gel to dry. It needs to stay on your teeth for about 20 to 30 minutes for optimum results. 5) Finally, rinse out the whitening agent in your mouth with warm water.
Note: Refrain from activities that can make the whitening agent fall off your teeth before you rinse your mouth. This includes eating or drinking as well as rinsing your mouth.
The film usually washes away by itself once it has dried. To remove any leftovers, you should brush your teeth after.
How well do they work?
You will learn that not all teeth-whitening pens are made equal. They may contain a wide range of various ingredients.
You might see surface bubbling when you use a pen to apply the whitening solution to your teeth. That is a sign that the whitening is working, but it is still unclear how long it lasts or how effective it is in the long run.
You should only use this pen for touch-ups or use it in between the other whitening procedures.
If your teeth are prone to stains, for example, you can use a teeth-whitening pen after consuming beverages like coffee or soda that are more likely to cause stains.
The best way to use teeth whitening pens is as a maintenance treatment rather than as a primary method of whitening.
It forms a film that creates a lightning effect and gives the appearance of whiter teeth. However, this film will dissolve in your mouth and wash away.
Who shouldn’t use teeth-whitening pens?
It is not recommended for people who have sensitive teeth, receding gums, or who are allergic to hydrogen peroxide to use whitening pens.
Are teeth-whitening pens really worth a try? Yup!
If you desire whiter teeth at home, tooth-whitening pens are a fantastic option. They might not provide long-lasting results, but they are among the better solutions due to their availability and price.
Consult your dentist before using any of these whitening pens.
Leave a Reply