4 Facial exercises for a pretty smile
Our smile is a wonderful way to convey emotions and it is a sign of appreciation, joy, hope, optimism, strength, and much more. Smiling at a person in the first meeting helps you to mark a positive impression on you in their minds. So it is essential to have a pretty smile and indulge in activities to maintain your smile aesthetics.
Mostly, stains on teeth, missing teeth distort the natural smile. Likewise, aging effects like saggy cheeks, chins due to loss of elasticity in the skin can also disturb your beautiful smile.
In this post, we have listed some facial exercises (also referred as mouth exercises) that help you to streamline the blood flow in the face, strengthen and increase the muscle tone. Stretching the key facial muscles with workouts can enhance the appearance of your smile. Give it a try.
1) Silly Rabbit
This exercise aims for toning the cheek muscles that help in improving smile flexibility and control. Stand or sit in a comfortable position and perform this exercise in front of a mirror.
- Keep your mouth and lips in a relaxed position.
- Smile widely as possible but don’t open your mouth. Then press your lips and extend the corner of the mouth to greater length as much as possible.
- Keep your nose wiggle like a rabbit does while performing this exercise until the cheek muscles engage with the smile. Hold it for 10 to 20 seconds.
Repeat the steps about 1 to 3 times or maximum 10 times.
2) Smile Wide Technique
This is a simple facial exercise you can do anywhere. Another advantage of this mouth exercise is, you can do this exercise by keeping your lips open. You do it when you feel mild strain in your cheeks as it helps in stretching the muscles.
All you have to do is smile widely as you can, and hold the position for 15 seconds. Repeat this process about 10 times.
3) Fish Face
This facial exercise is recommended to making your face muscles sleeker by stretching the neck muscles which in turn making the cheeks less flabby.
- Suck your lips and cheeks inwards as much as possible. This replicates the face of a fish.
- Make a try to smile while holding the fish pose.
- This will cause a mild aching sensation in the mouth. Release the pose when you encounter the pain.
Do this exercise only once a day.
4) Lion Pose
This mouth exercise aims at reducing the laugh lines and activates all the facial muscles to make your smile more beautiful.
- Open your mouth very wide as possible.
- Stretch your tongue out and push in the downward direction towards your chin.
- Continue the process with constant breathing. You will notice a lion like sound exhibiting from your throat.
Repeat the process 5 times a day.
Many people are not aware of facial exercises. They also provide many advantages as physical exercises. The important thing to mention is the stretch and strain caused by these mouth exercises protect your smile aesthetics from aspects like lagging muscles in the face.
So we recommend these facial exercises that take a minimum of 20 minutes a day to people who are keen on maintaining their smile aesthetics.