How to stop bleeding gums?
Bleeding gums is a common issue, yet a must treatable one. Because it may give complex dental problems in the future. As prevention is better than cure, it is best to prevent yourself from such things. We, at Surya Dental Care, give the utmost care to our patients in providing the best treatment for any of their dental problems.
Causes of bleeding gums
Bleeding gums occurs due to several reasons.
1. Poor oral hygiene leads to many dental problems which include gum bleeding too.
2. When you brush too hard it may cause your gums to bleed.
3. Frequent inhale of tobacco.
4. If you are affected by any of the gum diseases like gingivitis, Periodontitis, dental plaque may hurt your gums and it may start to bleed.
5. The deficiency of Vitamins is another reason for bleeding gums.
6. Women get affected by gum problems during their menstruation and pregnancy period, as the blood flow to the gums during this period will be high.
Ways to stop bleeding
1. Rinse your mouth with salt water. Bacteria in the mouth causes gum problems, so rinsing your mouth regularly in salt water can reduce your pain and also kills the bacteria.
2. Green tea is a healthy drink that has many beneficial things in it. Drinking green tea every day keeps you healthy and active and also it is good for your dental health. Green tea has the power to resolve your gum problems like periodontitis and bleeding gums. Researches have proven that regular intake of green tea has reduced the bleeding in the gums.
3. Reduce carbohydrates and sugary foods in your diet. Carbohydrates make a way for the bacteria to enter into your mouth forming a plaque over your teeth. When your gums are covered with plaque, you are at risk of bleeding more. Sugary foods also get attached to your teeth and gums leading to risky dental problems.
4. Vitamin deficiency leads to gum bleeding. Most importantly if you are lacking in Vitamin K and Vitamin C, you are closely near to your gum problems. Intake foods that are rich in Vitamin K and vitamin C, as Vitamin K helps in your blood clot whereas Vitamin C helps to improve your immune system.
Foods rich in Vitamin K are,
- Green leafy vegetables
Foods rich in Vitamin C are,
- Bell peppers
- Sweet Potatoes
5. Quit smoking. If you want to lead a healthy life, you must definitely stay away from tobacco. Lung cancer, heart disease which occurs due to tobacco are more or less associated with gum diseases, says researches. This will prevent you from bleeding and other gum diseases.
6. Good oral hygiene always keeps you to stay away from the dentist. Maintaining good oral habits like brushing twice a day, rinsing your mouth using a mouth wash, eating healthy, flossing, etc will keep you healthy. Following these habits regularly will always ensure a beautiful smile on you.
Still, if you couldn’t get rid of the bleeding from gums, then it’s time for you to visit your dentist. Everything can be cured when it is small. So, never make it too late in order to avoid complex dental problems.
Leave a Reply